What kinds of quails are these?

Kr1spy_dreamz

Songster
Aug 29, 2020
Las vegas, Nevada
I have 2 really nice quail that im very interested about their breeds. They are now my favorites!
20210211_134914.jpg

A male, hes very pretty! I also noticed a somewhat brown feather when i took this image. Hes also unreasonable calm when I pick him up
20210211_134736.jpg

20210211_134717.jpg

A female quail that I like quite a lot! Her name is cookies and cream (I may need a name change though). Her belly is all white and her top is all brown with colored patternsml.
20210211_135152.jpg

The male looks like a lighter variation of the Italian colour or a mix between silver and italian. Your female is a tuxedo rosetta. It will be interesting to see the outcome of breeding the two, you might get a mix of everything.

The male looks like a lighter variation of the Italian colour or a mix between silver and italian. Your female is a tuxedo rosetta. It will be interesting to see the outcome of breeding the two, you might get a mix of everything.
Italian is the pattern, the color is very interesting. Maybe a combo of silver and roux, or part of the German pastel color line, a combo of both? Maybe with fee as well. It looks almost like the La Creme that Ive seen someone working on, but with those brown v’s on the feathers. The next gen that hatches can give some clues when you see what they produce.

The light bird also has pied, white primaries at least, could be more white patches in places we can’t see in the photos.

Italian is the pattern, the color is very interesting. Maybe a combo of silver and roux, or part of the German pastel color line, a combo of both? Maybe with fee as well. It looks almost like the La Creme that Ive seen someone working on, but with those brown v’s on the feathers. The next gen that hatches can give some clues when you see what they produce.

The light bird also has pied, white primaries at least, could be more white patches in places we can’t see in the photos.
The male looks like a lighter variation of the Italian colour or a mix between silver and italian. Your female is a tuxedo rosetta. It will be interesting to see the outcome of breeding the two, you might get a mix of
Got some better pictures if that helps
20210212_101535.jpg
20210212_101523.jpg
20210212_101330.jpg
20210212_101311.jpg

The light one could be silver manchurian, which is silver and 2 copies of the Italian gene. If you breed it to a non Italian and get 100% Italian chicks, you will know it’s manchurian. If half the chicks are Italian and half are not, it only has one copy of the Italian gene. It’s also just as likely to have roux and silver. Do you know what the parents looked like?

Back
Top Bottom