What knid of Duck is this ?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Chucks and Dickens, May 20, 2010.

1. Chucks and Dickens

Chucks and Dickens Hatching

Apr 26, 2010
    Hi Everyone,
    I bought seven ducklings about six weeks ago. I got two Kakis, two Rouens, three Pekins.
    The one Pekin is almost full grown and I can't tell her from the other three Grown Pekins I have. That's how big she is now and I know it's a she by the quack...
    The other ducks are still small in comparison. almost half the size of the Pekin.
    I wonder if there is a "small" pekin breed that I don't know about or if the two will eventually catch up in time. I feed the ducklings 24% protein mix for about 5 weeks then changed to the regular 18% all back yard flock feed.
    I'm confused as to why the other ducks are so small still. I know that one of the Pekin ducklings was alittle bigger then the rest when I picked them out but not by much. I would guess by a week so I understand why she has grown faster but the other two pekins are 1/2 the size. I will try to post pics. Any one who has pekins and might know if they are done growing or if they will catch up. Thanks in advance. Ray

2. Chucks and Dickens

Chucks and Dickens Hatching

Apr 26, 2010
    OK,
    It's me again. How do you post pics ?
    I have uploaded three but don't have a clue how to add them to my new post.......help....

3. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Have you uploaded them to BYC? If so, just copy the link and post it here....

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by