What love turns into.... (come read)

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by DUCKGIRL89, Nov 15, 2011.

1. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    I have to say that ducks reay can fall in love! When I got my first ducklings from my co op in spring, I ended up with way to many males, but ended up keeping to two hens that I got, and one drake. The hens were a rouen, and a ancona. The drake was a rouen. Well, after a few months the two hens began laying and I also had two khaki hens, and a khaki drake, so I put some eggs in the bator. 9 total. Well 6 of those were from the khaki hens, bred by the rouen drake. And three were from the rouen hen, bred to the rouen drake, all the khaki eggs but two hat,hed and are very healthy. But two of the rouen eggs died early on. But one rouen baby did make it! and I have to say my two rouens are TRULY in love [​IMG] and had a beautiful baby [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is peeps. Peeps had alot of trouble hatching and I had to help,him, but he was strong and made it! Im so happy for my duckies!

2. The Red Rooster

The Red Rooster Poultry Observer

I know what you mean. I have two mallards (male and female) that really love each other! I have another drake, but she doesn't like him they way she likes the other mallard.

3. m496

m496 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 20, 2011
    Awww! Truly precious [​IMG]

4. DUCKGIRL89

DUCKGIRL89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    TN
    The Red Rooster: I had a khaki drake, and the rouen drake, and she wanted nothing to do with the khaki. But they reqlly are in love. I thought it was a cute love story that you all would enjoy. Hopeing I will have a better hatch rate next year with them

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by