What maintenance pellet food do you recommend?

Discussion in 'Geese' started by charlindabob, Jul 30, 2011.

1. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    Hi, my geese are now 4 months old and I have used up all of my Purina Start & Grow and would like to switch to a pelleted maintenance feed. What do you recommend for geese and what protein % is it? I bought some Purina Game Bird Maintenance Chow today as that is about all my feed store has, and it is 12.5% minimum protein, but it is a crumble and I'd rather feed a pellet. I am in central Florida so some feeds may not be available to me. I will check on whatever you recommend and maybe another feed store or TSC may carry it. Thanks!.............Bob

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    No one carries a specific duck/goose pellet in your area?

The local mill here makes an 18% duck and goose grower/maintainer pellet with higher B vitamins (niacin mainly) than feeds for upland birds. I guess waterfowl just need more niacin.

3. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    Quote:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My local feed stores does not carry any maintenance feed for ducks and geese except the Purina Game Bird Maintenance Chow.

4. lilchick

lilchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2008
    Williamsport In.
    I use All Flock by Nutrena. It is just what it says, for all your flock.

My chickens, turkeys and ducks and geese love it. In the winter I add some dog food to up the protein.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by