What maintenance pellet food do you recommend?

charlindabob

Songster
10 Years
Jan 25, 2009
central Florida
Hi, my geese are now 4 months old and I have used up all of my Purina Start & Grow and would like to switch to a pelleted maintenance feed. What do you recommend for geese and what protein % is it? I bought some Purina Game Bird Maintenance Chow today as that is about all my feed store has, and it is 12.5% minimum protein, but it is a crumble and I'd rather feed a pellet. I am in central Florida so some feeds may not be available to me. I will check on whatever you recommend and maybe another feed store or TSC may carry it. Thanks!.............Bob

No one carries a specific duck/goose pellet in your area?

The local mill here makes an 18% duck and goose grower/maintainer pellet with higher B vitamins (niacin mainly) than feeds for upland birds. I guess waterfowl just need more niacin.

Quote:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My local feed stores does not carry any maintenance feed for ducks and geese except the Purina Game Bird Maintenance Chow.

I use All Flock by Nutrena. It is just what it says, for all your flock.

My chickens, turkeys and ducks and geese love it. In the winter I add some dog food to up the protein.

Back
Top Bottom