1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What makes you proud of where you are from?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Damummis, Sep 29, 2010.

1. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    After participating in a thread that seems to induce pride of homeland, I was wondering...... What is it that makes you proud to be where you are from. I personally am from New England, and Italian heritage. I am proud that industriousness was instilled in me at a young age. I will always be able to find work because of this. You need it done, I can do it and if I can't I can find someone who can. If I don't find work I will still be able to feed my self and and dependent kin due to the green thumb that Nanna passed on. I am proud that I am of sturdy Northern Italian stock. Able to look adversity in the face and figure a way out, thru or around it.

What makes you proud?????

2. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm Premium Member

I'm from the Independent State of Dade. We have the reputation for doing what we want. An we are the only county in the country deliberately removed from there state quarter.

3. Q9

Q9 General Headache

My heritage - We've been at the forefront of battling for liberty since America's beginnings. Three times my ancestors stared down an overwhelmingly superior force, and did it alone the third time. Despite the North's advantage in almost every way, they fought and died, even when there seemed to be no hope. They came SO close to winning, but even in defeat remained friendly and gracious - but still defiant. Despite having their - our - cities burned, economy destroyed, and rights crushed, they continued the good fight in whatever way they could, short of insurrection. We still haven't given up.

Long live the South!

4. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    We are the Volunteer State. Tennessee always seems to have folks willing to help each other and others. We are very hospitable folks, mostly by nature. I enjoy my heritage as a Tennessean. I like where I come from, and things we as a community are known for. Plus it's nice and quiet most of the time [​IMG]

5. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Q9, you are too funny. My DD#1's family history is practically the same but for the North. My late-Ex's family can be traced back for years. I find family history fascinating.

6. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast
    Quote:So you wouldn't mind if I dropped by? [​IMG] Not that I plan on visiting TN any time soon, but you never know.

7. Q9

Q9 General Headache

Quote:... How is it funny? [​IMG]

8. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:So you wouldn't mind if I dropped by? [​IMG] Not that I plan on visiting TN any time soon, but you never know.

Not at all! I'll have supper ready for you when ya get here and the spare bedroom ready in case you don't have a hotel room [​IMG] ANY BYC'er is welcome at my house! [​IMG]

9. Cindiloohoo

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN

You makin fun of us Southerners??? [​IMG]

10. Damummis

Damummis Chickenista

Apr 29, 2009
    Mid-Coast

So into the South. Open your horizons and so much more is available. Don't limit yourself. The world is a BIG place.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by