What Mayan Elders are Saying about 2012

noodleroo

Snuggles with Chickens
9 Years
Apr 29, 2010
Rockport, Tx
A friend sent this to me in an email. I was hoping some of you with open minds might read it and comment. I thought it was pretty interesting...
http://lettertorobin1.site.aplus.net/id435.html

Here's a little sample:
"The greatest wisdom is in simplicity.
Love, respect, tolerance, sharing, gratitude, forgiveness.
It's not complex or elaborate.
The real knowledge is free.
It's encoded in your DNA.
All you need is within you.
Great teachers have said that from the beginning. Find your heart, and you will find your way."

To me, it sounds like he is putting his own spin on it.

To me, that date is significant because the old calendar runs and they need to start a new one, much like we do every December 31st.

Some will consider me closed-minded because of my attitude. So be it.

Last edited:
Quote:
Actually, I tend to agree with you.

I have visited many Mayan ruins - more than most, probably. It may very well be that they just stopped there and it was so far in the future that they figured someone would make another one when the time came! I do know that much of the Mayan ways were written, but were destroyed by different conquering forces. So much is not know that it is just about impossible to know for sure.

I do know that my favorite ruin is called Ek Balam and is in the northern Yucatan Peninnsula. Before that, it was a tie between Tikal in northern Guatemala and Palanque in southern Mexico. I'm just curious as to whether any of the article rings true with other's beliefs...

In 2007 where I work went from 24/5 to 24/7. I worked out the calender for the years up to 2014 does that mean I thought the world is coming to an end then? No I just got bored of doing calenders.
tongue.png

I went and sat in on a lecture that an astrophysicist gave down at the collage a fee weeks ago. He started talking about the 2012 thing. He said the only plausible explination that he could even fathom that would scientifically and NOT supersticiously make people think that the world was going to end then is that on December 24th, 2012, the earth will align with the moon and the sun, and in turn that alignment will be inter aligned with a massive black hole.

He then smiled and said "but this alignment has happened every year on December 24 for the past god knows how many years, and will continue to happen every December 24th for the next god knows how many years."

that really made me chuckle.

Didn't we learn from the whole y2k thing? Cmon people.

2012: Politicians will become honest, media will cease false reporting, and people will be polite when discussing hot topics. The world as we know it will no longer exist.
lol.png

Quote:
Don't forget.. Everyone will appreciate and respect everyone else's beliefs and religions...
lol.png

Wow....I can't wait!
ya.gif

Quote:
Actually, I tend to agree with you.

I have visited many Mayan ruins - more than most, probably. It may very well be that they just stopped there and it was so far in the future that they figured someone would make another one when the time came! I do know that much of the Mayan ways were written, but were destroyed by different conquering forces. So much is not know that it is just about impossible to know for sure.

I do know that my favorite ruin is called Ek Balam and is in the northern Yucatan Peninnsula. Before that, it was a tie between Tikal in northern Guatemala and Palanque in southern Mexico. I'm just curious as to whether any of the article rings true with other's beliefs...

I've visited quite a few Mayan sites, too. Lived near a couple of them for a time. I don't give much credence to the 2012 crap. Then again, I don't believe in any supernatural power...or prophecies of world gloom and doom on any set date or time...

I believe they actually realized the original conversion factor to "translate" their dates into our dates was off by about 50-100 years. So even if the end of the world thing is true, you don't have to worry about it for a very long time!

Back
Top Bottom