1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What might a Cream Brabanter/Australorp cross be like?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by TerrorBird, Oct 8, 2012.

1. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish
    I have a Cream Brabanter rooster and a Black Australorp hen that I'd like to cross. I'm not doing any sort of breeding project; I'd just like to see what the resulting chicks are like and keep a few pullets. Any ideas about the feather patterns or colors I might get for pullets? I have a decent understanding of genetics and all that, but chicken colors seem crazy when I see a blue/black/splash chart. Here's my rooster for reference.
    [​IMG]
    I'm not even going to start wondering about crests and combs and whatnot... [​IMG]

2. nicalandia

nicalandia Overrun With Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    they will all be black

3. TerrorBird

TerrorBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2012
    Snohomish

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  4. reefcare

reefcare New Egg

Apr 2, 2013
    Terrorbird,
    Found your post from google search...I'm looking for a Cream Brabanter Rooster for my cream hens. I picked them up at auction by a fluke and now I'm looking for a Roo for my girls.
    Any ideas. I'm in the Raleigh, NC. area and wish to acquire a Gold or Cream Brabanter Rooster to continue to establish the breed. Efowl has discontinued selling that breed any longer. They have been listed as Rare in lineage, and forgive me if I'm wrong in that statement BYC folowers. But, I love the breed and would like to continue to strengthen the Brabanters.

Thanks,
    reefcare
    NC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by