What Moves You?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Laurajean, Oct 29, 2010.

1. Laurajean

Laurajean Slightly Touched

Apr 2, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Tonight I was driving back from town and passed one of the many farmhouses on the winding road home. I noticed out in the pasture, way out, was a child's picnic table, under a tree. Just way out in the middle of the field, all by itself. Colored leaves on the trees shining through the sunset all around the pasture, the child's table looked like it had been there a while. The image stuck with me as I continued driving, as I remembered being a child in the woods of Maine and having my own secret spots. I got a bit teary as I drove on.

What moves you? What pulls at your heart strings or makes you stop and ponder? What makes you tear up?

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Texas Sky...

DD sitting with DH and reading...

DS playing a game of chess with DH...

Remembering Gran... farkle queen of the world...

When DS random says "to the stars and back again"... old phrase we've used... love you to the moon and back again, then he says to the stars and back again... yada... nice at 12 that he still throws that out now and again.

And of course, Plenty of Books...

Edit... ohhh how about when DS said (en route to school) if I had a wish for world peace or that everyone had enough food to eat... made me pretty derned proud of the little rat.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2010
  3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

My horses running in the pasture, with the goats and dog right behind them. It is a beautiful sight to behold. And honestly for me, if you don't see God in everything, how can you see Him in anything?

4. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

Dan Fogelberg's song "Run for the Roses".

Stories of roosters protecting their flocks with no regard for their own safety.

ETA: "How Great Thou Art" and "Amazing Grace" both make me tear up, in a good way. On the other end of the spectrum, thinking of small children frightened and helpless against adults who want to harm them. That breaks my heart.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    A wedge of Canada geese in perfect formation.

A Bald Eagle soaring along the Pend Oreille River Valley.

6. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    Rays of sunshine poking poking through a cloudy, overcast sky, shining on a old farmhouse/barn.

My son, when he does something that appears wise and profound beyond his 12 few years of life.

Watching my teenage daughter blossoming into an awesome young woman.

Visiting the final resting places of many grandparents clustered nearby together in the same cemetery. I really miss 'em - seeing them all there hurts. [​IMG]

7. Junkmanme

Junkmanme Chillin' With My Peeps

A Flame behind me about "waist-high".

(It also "burns-my-a$$)

just "clowning"....

no offense intended.

Actually, what "moves me" is doing something that I'm GOOD at..for someone who NEEDS it....AND doing it for a suitable "personal $$$ PROFIT. (I find nothing obscene about this. It is fairness. And IF cash is not available....trading for Chickens MIGHT work...Ha-Ha !!! )

Junkmanme [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. easttxchick

easttxchick Lone Star Call Ducks

Aug 3, 2009
    Watching the absolute joy my ducks get from playing in the rain when everyone/everything else is running for cover.

9. CityGirlintheCountry

CityGirlintheCountry Green Eggs and Hamlet

Jul 7, 2007
    Middle TN
    If you mean what moves me to tears (which is pretty hard to do), it is always funeral processions. Down here if a funeral procession is coming, everyone pulls off to the side on both sides of the street. It is such a gesture of respect and empathy for those grieving a loved one. I remember riding in the procession for a dear family friend (a local preacher actually) through the country roads of west Tennessee. At each crossroads was a policeman or a sheriff. Every time we crossed those paths the officer would take off his hat and hold it across his chest. They were honoring the great man we followed to the cemetery. It was touching. Even when I don't know who is in the hearse, I confess that I tear up a little sitting there on the side of the road. So many people are hurting in that line of cars. Gosh... I'm tearing up now!

10. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    Bliss...it's rare....but it's my own...and it's different every time....must be the old hippy in me...it's accepting who I am and accepting my surroundings...this is what truly makes me happy...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by