1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What movies do teenagers like?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by NRacine, May 8, 2009.

1. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    Okay, parents! I need your help!

One of my grad students will be starting a study with 11-15 year olds. During the testing day there will be some down-time while they wait their turn for the next test. We were going to bring some movies: Madagascar, Ice Age, etc. since their parents may also have to bring younger siblings along due to child care issues. The study physician said her 14 year old would be offended if we thought that she would like those movies (I like them and I'm 28!)

SO! What the heck do they like? Has to be G-rated. Any suggestions?

2. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

The Rookie with Dennis Quaid.

3. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    Secret of Nimh, FANTASIA , WALL-E, Ratatouille<- I LOVE this movie and Im 27 year old guy
    The G rating makes it tough ! I thought these movies were G but they are PG -
    Princess Bride, Labyrinth, The Dark Crystal

4. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    ^ My band teacher always brought Labyrinth for us to watch...and everbody loved it every time!

5. PunkerTechnoRoo?ter

PunkerTechnoRoo?ter Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Georgia
    This is just my opinion but I think a PG in the eighties should considered a G today.

6. astylishgirl

astylishgirl Animal Lover Supreme

Apr 27, 2009
    Beaumont, Texas
    I am polling my 7th and 8th graders:

Finding Nemo
    Because of Winn Dixie
    Cars
    Daddy Day Care

They will actually watch any disney film.

Now these aren't ALL they watch... but the ones they say are appropriate.

7. NRacine

NRacine Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2008
    See, I think Pixar stuff would be fine! Lord of the Rings was another idea. I have all the old Star Wars too. Wallace and Grommet? Maybe the physician's daughter is too picky, or no fun.

8. melodylee

melodylee Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2009
    Arkansas
    ^ or trying to go with what's thought of as "cool" and "in" [​IMG]

9. DTchickens

DTchickens Overrun With Chickens

Mar 23, 2008
    Bailey, Mississippi.
    teen myself, i'll watch just about anything as long as it's not "little kid stuff".. disney movies, pixar, lord of the rings.. star wars (everybody loves yoda right? He needs his own show). are good choices.

10. miss_thenorth

miss_thenorth Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2007
    SW Ont, Canada
    When you ask what teenagers will like, but then say it has to be G rated for younger kids?? Sorry, but the teenagers will just have to tolerate the G rated movies. If I were to go downstairs and turn on the TV to any G rated movie--my kids would sream and cry LIKE little kids. On the other hand, if I explained to them that they must watch movies that the little kids can watch, they would be more receptive, and tolerate them. So, my opinion would be to explain, and then pick out some popular, current ones.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by