What MPC bantam?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Roosterboy, Nov 24, 2008.

1. Roosterboy

Roosterboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    I want a small flock with 3-5 hens and possibly some ducks. I live in new jersey so we have some extremes in temperature. I wanted a bantam (Besides a silkie) It needs to be friendly and looking cool is a plus.

Sebright
    Brahma bantam
    Japanese
    Frizzle
    Another silkie
    Or take my chances with straight run modern game from ideal. I really want one but i can't afford to have a rooster

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    I like my ameraucana bantams alot, but since you dont have it on that list, i would pick the frizzle or another silkie or both [​IMG]

3. Roosterboy

Roosterboy Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2008
    Yeah, i would love one but i have to get it from My Pet Chicken in order to get it sexed

4. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:Thats where i got mine

5. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    I love my Jap bantam but I think the silver sebrights are stunning. So it would be choice between the 2 for me.

6. AilsVonHelson

AilsVonHelson Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 2, 2008
    Orlando, FL.
    I think Japs are really adorable and have great dispositions. [​IMG] My second choice would be the sebright.

If you need any suggestions, old english game bantams are adorable and pretty darn cute.

7. Teresaann24

Teresaann24 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2008
    Eastern, Kentucky
    Does mypetchicken have a magazine? I'd love to order from them but do not have a credit card or a paypal account. Would like to order from them this spring but in doing so I'd have to pay by check or money order. Anyone know???

8. Chicken Woman

Chicken Woman Incredible Egg

Oct 16, 2008
    Montana
    Sebrights are not friendly !

9. herechickchick

herechickchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2007
    Memphis TN
    Quote:My little rooster was. I think it depends on the actual bird and not the breed.

10. TurtleChick

TurtleChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 3, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    Does mypetchicken have a magazine? I'd love to order from them but do not have a credit card or a paypal account. Would like to order from them this spring but in doing so I'd have to pay by check or money order. Anyone know???

their customer service is really good - we ordered 3 girls from them last year (sorry to the o.p. - i only ordered standards, i think bantams are adorable, but wanted bigger eggies!). really nice people, so i'm sure if you called/emailed them they would tell you if they'd accept other forms of payment - especially if you're willing to place your order in plenty of time for payment to be received and clear. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by