what music do you play for your chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by quintinp, Mar 1, 2011.

1. quintinp

quintinp Songster

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    rap, classical, rock, heavy meatal, blue grass, jazz, anything c'mon tell me, i know that there are some people that play music for there chickens

2. dewey

dewey Songster

Nov 9, 2010
    north of eternity
    Mine have music all day and they get a mix of a little bit of everything. Their favorite music at any given time always matches mine. [​IMG]

3. sawmane1

sawmane1 Songster

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    i give mine good old charley danniels band! [​IMG] <--(thats how i dance)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

I usually sing to all the livestock while choring. They get a mix of country, christian, and broadway musicals. This morning I believe it was ''Make it through the winter'', (7 Brides for Brothers) and ''Jingle Bells''. Yes. I know what month this is. [​IMG]

5. Aubrinator

Aubrinator In the Brooder

I did a science fair project on the type of music they like most recently. Mine reacted most to country, and two chirped to the beat of "The Eye of the Tiger" which totally amazed me [​IMG]

6. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

I just started brooding a batch of chicks in the shower, but it does seem a bit too quiet for them - maybe I should add a radio. I think I might try KQED, so they can hear talking and music - who knows, maybe they'll even get educated. [​IMG]

7. Pinky

Pinky Songster

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    My chickens listen to a mix of music all day. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Junior

Junior Songster

Jan 28, 2010
    Alabama
    heavy doses of Waylon Jennings with a little Blue Grass (Louvin Brothers,Bill Monroe & Earl Scruggs) mixed in too.

what can i say - i probably got the most Red-Neck chickens on earth - maybe that is why i like Rhode Island Reds. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: