what my dad did to the chicken coop/run

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by silkieowner, Jun 2, 2010.

1. silkieowner

silkieowner Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 17, 2010
    Hi today we started working on putting a roof on half the run heres a picture of what the coop/run look like before and one what it looks like now. We still have to put the roof on.
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]

2. Natermotor

Natermotor Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2010
    Cecil County,MD
    What's the difference? [​IMG]

3. In His Service

In His Service Wise Men Still Seek Him

Apr 25, 2010
    Catskills
    I see the "beams" across the top in preparation for the roof panel(s) that are in the foreground.

4. mdbokc

mdbokc Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Oklahoma County, OK
    I see no future slope on the roof. Hope you don't have heavy snow/ice where you are located. Otherwise, progress!

5. Dogfish

Dogfish Rube Goldberg incarnate

Mar 17, 2010
    Western Washington
    You might want to upgrade your wire while you are at it.

6. Wabi Sabi

Wabi Sabi Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2010
    Quote:Considering that there appears to be a lemon tree in the photo I'd assume the poster is probably in the clear on that one. [​IMG]

7. TXmom

TXmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Looks just like our yard right now! We decided to put a roof over the run for shade and rain protection...so hubby put the wood beams up over the weekend, and we have that metal roof stuff laying on the ground ready to go up... Hopefully our chickens will be more comfortable this summer [​IMG]

8. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Quote:Considering that there appears to be a lemon tree in the photo I'd assume the poster is probably in the clear on that one. [​IMG]

I vote grapefruit! [​IMG] Shade for chickens is a bigger concern than snow in most places a citrus tree will grow [​IMG]

9. bethandjoeync

bethandjoeync Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2009
    Iron Station, NC
    Quote:I agree, chicken wire only keeps chickens in....but doesn't do to well to keep predators out.. get welded wire...it is well worth it in the long "run"

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:That was my first thought too. The most beautiful setup in the world is worthless if you use only chickenwire. A dead chicken is a dead chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by