1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What next?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SueNH, Jun 4, 2008.

1. SueNH

SueNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2007
    oops! Sorry the internet burped here. I'm on satellite and the weather really messes it up at times.

Going to search for something to hatch next! I think I have enough ducks now. Don't need more geese.

I can't keep up with egg demand so I should just get some old standbys. But wait! Half the fun is getting something I can't get around here.

Maybe some blue eggers? I used to have one and some of my senior citizen couples used to have a bit of a contest going to see who got the dozen with the blue egg. Fun!

What should I try next???

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    where in NH are you?

3. SueNH

Feb 24, 2007
    I'm up there. I'm in the mountains, an hour north of Concord.

4. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    For some reason i thought you were closer and i was going to offer you some of mine [​IMG]

5. SueNH

Feb 24, 2007
    I appreciate that!

That's what I get for living in the boonies. Major project to go anywhere or do anything. But at least if something is howling out back it's a thing that is supposed to howl in the night.

6. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    I only have cochin bantam eggs to offer, but where are you located? I am in Salisbury, and have a camp it Pittsburg......

7. Portia

Portia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    You should try the crazy egg chain...lots of egg offers up for grabs, fun to watch even if you don't have any eggs in return (sigh)

8. lurky

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    Quote:I got married up there at the water fall between Colebrook and pittsburg. This is going to be my first in 10 years of NOT going to pittsburg [​IMG] What a beautiful place to have a camp!!!!!! Its like owning a piece of heaven [​IMG]

9. SueNH

Feb 24, 2007
    I love it further north in the Pittsburgh area but I think another winter like we had up there would do me in. I only had 4 feet on the ground compared to their 6 feet. I thought I was loosing it by the time it started to melt.

Anybody have any luck with shipped peacock eggs? It's so hit or miss with shipped eggs I hate to spend that much and strike out.
    I have a young pair of peas but I won't see eggs until next year. They are only old enough for me to know I have a pair. Pied male and white female. I enjoy them, fun to watch. Under all those fancy feathers they are really kind of goofy. The male has been trying to chase butterflies. I think he has a problem with their displaying. He starts strutting all around the yellow swallowtails and then scatters them and chases.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by