what?? no egg today :(

nakstk

Songster
8 Years
Sep 19, 2011
Kalama, Washington
For the first time since May 12th I didn't get an egg from my girls.
hit.gif
What's the deal? They have feed and water and they got tomatoes and kale got treats today, but still no egg. Only 1 of my 5 (for sure) layers looks like she is starting to molt. I don't get it. The weather hasn't changed too much lately. Could it be the fewer daily light hours are effecting them already?

My hens are 14 months old and my pullets are 20.5 weeks, but I am not sure if my pullets have started laying. I sure hope I would be able to tell the difference in a SS egg and a Wellie egg.

Maybe there is something disrupting them? Is there an egg thief around?
ep.gif

Or sometimes just the dumb hawks will throw off my birds and they will wait until I'm outside and they are feeling safer to lay. All the while kicking up a fuss. Hope they settle for you soon.

Well my 3 pullets just started sleeping in the hens coop the night before they boycotted laying. They had two separate coops for a month but had access to the hens coop. I guess they finally felt like they merged as one flock. That could be it. I was just so excited that the pullets finally moved I didn't even think that it would effect the hens laying. Thanks for pointing that out ibarbidahl

Back
Top Bottom