What Now? *sigh* UPDATE IN POST #4

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by NoSkiveez, Sep 22, 2010.

1. NoSkiveez

NoSkiveez NoSkiveez Poultry

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    These last few hatches have not been the greatest. Ive had issue after issue. I put a new bulb in my Bator before Lockdown and this morning I woke up to 88.3°! Tomorrow is hatch day. I upped the humidity and quickly put in a new bulb. I dont know what time this happened. It was okay around 10:30 pm. Is there any hope for them?

UPDATE IN POST 4

Last edited: Sep 25, 2010
  2. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    If the temp was good throughout the last 20 days they should be fine. It may just delay their hatch by a day. I had this happen to me with guinea eggs. My kids turned the incubator off the night before and by morning the temp was down into the 80s and they still hatched right on schedule. [​IMG]

3. NoSkiveez

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    *sighs of relief* That's good news. I was in shock to see such a low temp this morning. My hatch rate has been rather poor,lately and I'm hoping this won't destroy their hatch.

4. NoSkiveez

Dec 27, 2009
    Casa Grande
    My Coop
    Thursday was hatch day. Late Friday night the first hatched. Saturday morning there were 7 hatched. I think there are 11 hatched (hard to see them all) and I have a black copper maran zipping and 2 more pipping. There's a few eggs I can't see in the back as well. Overall, I'm pretty happy with the outcome. Way better than I expected. Hubby and I have been joking about letting a bulb blow out with every hatch..

5. friskebluegills

friskebluegills Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Yay!! [​IMG] that's great to hear. I hope I have as good of luck with my lavender orpingtons

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by