1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what on earth do I have?!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by chickenlover237, Apr 9, 2012.

1. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

ok I probobly will not be able to post pictures till tomorrow but i can discribe them. ok, I have now 11 chicks some close to 5 wks and some close to 2 wks, 5 are close to 5wks and the others are close to 2wks. the oldest ones are supposed to be barred rocks and rhode island reds and one I have no clue what its supposed to be. the ones that are supposed to be barred rocks have no barring and are almost completly black with just a little white on their flight feathers. the ones that are supposed to be rhode islands are a reddish brown color with some black and sort of blond coloring. and the one I have no clue has white flight feathers most of the wings are white and it has some light brown feathers coming in and some of the wing feathers have some brown mixed in with the white. 2 of the 6 new ones are completly black and are supposed to be black jiants they are about the size my first ones were when we got them but a week younger than they were. two others are light yellow all over have feathery feet, very short wings (i think they are maybe just 1 week old) the few feathers they have on their wings are a whitish/grayish color and the guy we got them from said "wel dese ar goin ta lok lik dis wen dey big (shows pic of light brahama) and dese gonna lok lik dis wen dey big (shows pic of black jiant)" so yeah. and the last two he said "dese be gam birs dey smal perty brds" and they are VERY small even compared to the "brahamas" but have almost all of their wing feathers, have black and brown stripes down their backs have a black stripe over their eyes and their feet are really small and slendertheir legs are slender too. BTW they all have 3 long toes and one short one. (all meaning all 11) so can you help? and when I post pictures can you try to tell me what gender they are?

2. Scooter&Suzie

Scooter&Suzie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 23, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Pictures do really help... The barred plymouth rock description and the rhode island red description sound right. The rest.... Pictures, please!

3. chickenlover237

well I will see If i can get pics without my parents knowing I am awake [​IMG]

4. soffeann1997

soffeann1997 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    Barred rocks do not have baring at first if you look in my albums I have pictures of my barred rock pullet and roo they are about 5 to 6 weeks.

5. chickenlover237

[​IMG]here you go!
    first chick - game
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    second chick-also game
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    third chick - black jiant
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4th chick - also jiant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5th chick- brahama
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    (PS: this one has a wierd toe the one on the far right)
    [​IMG]
    they were falling asleep as I was taking the pictures :)
    6th chick-also brahama
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

OLDER CHICKS
    first of oldest-rhode island red
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    2nd oldest - also RIR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    3rd chick - BR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    4th chick - also BR
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    5th chick - no clue
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

whew.. that took a really long time now anybody got any ideas?

6. soffeann1997

soffeann1997 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2012
    Those are probly Br's.But I don't know what the 5th chick is and the rest of your breeds match the pictures.

7. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    The black ones Chicken, do they have Yellow feet or pink feet?
    Yellow= Jersey Giant
    Pink= Australorp

*Giant

8. chickenlover237

ok well what kind of game bird do you think the games are? and we got the older ones from the feed store and the young ones we got yesterday... on the side of the road where people sell junk [​IMG] probobly not the best place to buy from but I was with one of my grand parents and she will buy me anything as long as it is not over 50 dollars [​IMG] so when we saw the sign that said "chicks for sale" we had to stop and we ended up getting 6 chicks from, well... lets just say not the best place/person.

9. chickenlover237

well their feet are more black but I think what is not is yellow (the bottoms of their feet) and sorry for the spelling errors I am kinda tired but my ears are peeping... I have 11 chicks 2 feet from my bed so...

10. JerseyGiantfolk

JerseyGiantfolk Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2012
    Old English games are the most popular, Modern Games would have long legs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by