What on earth is mama doing?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jewels1935, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Jewels1935

Jewels1935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    I have 3 pipped eggs that the shell is pushed outwards. The chicks are peeping away loudly, and mama is talking to them. However lastnight, I kept the hamper next to my bed so I could listen and look over every now and then. Everytime an egg chirped, she would lift up move the eggs around, and cluck. She moved her eggs 3 times last night around the hamper! She's going insane that they haven't hatched yet. When they chirp, she's freaking out and moving them around the hamper to another nest she builds. As of this morning, she's sitting tight, and babies are still peeping. She's talking back but not moving around like last night. Isn't she removing humidity when she get's up?

2. Tripp16

Tripp16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 26, 2011
    North Carolina
    Well sounds like your going to have babies.

You will have to share since mine arent even peeping anymore..... [​IMG] No pips this morning either.

3. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    OMG I have a BABY!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] OMG it's perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!! 15 minutes ago, the shell wasn't even zipped! Oh, I'm going to faint now [​IMG]

4. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

5. ChicKat

ChicKat Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

awwwwwwwwwwwww CONGRATULATIONS!!

6. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Quote:Thank you! She must have gave birth to that chick, because the eggs had no zips this morning! [​IMG] I was sure I wouldn't get a hatch till tonight. The chick is peeping and walking under mama's tush. It's drying fast too.

7. FiveHens

FiveHens Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2010
    [​IMG]

8. Jewels1935

Nov 4, 2011
    Central Florida
    Mom kicked part of the shell out..geesh, I was hoping for a better look at the baby and this is what she does..lol

[​IMG]

9. begbfg

begbfg Barnyard Beckie

Feb 11, 2011
    Roxboro, NC
    Congrats! SO happy for you!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by