What on earth will these look like?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Enchanted Sunrise Farms, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    i bought some hatching eggs on ebay that are supposed to be Frizzle X with silkie, polish, japanese and mille fleur. Three little ones popped out about two weeks ago. One is frizzled and looks a little like a silkie. The other two, i have no idea. i have never owned a japanese or mille fleur, so don't know what they look like as kids.

Chick #1
    [​IMG]

Chick #1 top view
    [​IMG]

Chick #2
    [​IMG]

Frizzled Chick
    [​IMG]

2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    They look like Mille Fleur w/ the fuzzy legs (they do have fuzzy legs, or am I not seeing correctly)...but they look like they might have little tufts on their heads as well, like Polish... they are definitely not Japanese.

3. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    I think the second is silkie frizzle mix and the top one i'm not sure.

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Hi,

Yes, they all have fuzzy legs, although the frizzled one has more fuzz and the five toes. They all have a bit of a top knot, but again, the frizzle one's is bigger.

i guess i need to look for adult pictures of mille fleurs. i have found some pictures, but they all look so different from each other. i have never found a picture of an adult Japanese.

Thanks for your input!

Colleen

5. ella

ella Chillin' With My Peeps

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  6. Chickenlover88

Chickenlover88 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2007
    Dallas, Georgia
    If the top has 4 toes i'm guessing mille fluer x polish it does look like it might have a beard.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2007
  7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Thank you for those links. Wow, definitely not Japanese - those birds have some incredible tails! The Mille Fleurs are gorgeous. i won't mind if they look somewhat like that. Not sure if the one has a beard, it's hard for me to tell at this point, being as i'm so inexperienced.

8. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    Just in case anyone is interested, i have updated pics of these now at four weeks old. Not sure if you can tell by the pictures, but the unfrizzled ones have very long wings, which might be the Japanese influence? They are so teeny!

[​IMG]

9. greenmulberry

greenmulberry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2007
    Iowa
    Nice! Be sure to post another update in a few weeks, I love to see how chicks grow.

10. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

They will be an interesting bunch when they grow up! the one close to the green feeder has got some silkie in it for sure!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by