What on earth

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by moodlymoo, Oct 25, 2011.

1. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I have no clue about this cutie. She has no tail light pinkish-gray legs, she has a black v on her top. She is 5 weeks old

[​IMG]

2. sawmane1

sawmane1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2011
    Mcminnville, Oregon
    silver spangled hamburg?

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    Her feathering pattern favors on of my button quail. Maybe she's a button quail. LOL
    I have no idea what she may be. Where did you get her?

4. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:No she is not a quail lol. I got her when I took my daughter to a farm to milk cows. The wife greeted us and took us out to the dairy barn and hung out with us for a bit. Then she had to leave but said feel free to roam the property when we were done and our picnic basket would be waiting for us by the chicken coop areas. Her husband asked me if we would like some chicks his wife hatched last month after he saw my 4yr old toting her giant cochins around lol. I jumped for joy and walked away with 4 free chicks. 1 is a giant black cochin, 1 is a light brahma, and 2 of these little mystery chicks. The husband had no idea about any of them just said he wanted them gone. Im sure he is in trouble now [​IMG]

5. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Anybody else?

6. NanaLantana

NanaLantana Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2011
    Lantana, Florida
    Did he maybe want them gone because he guessed they were all ROOS?[​IMG]

7. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    Does it have feathered legs? It looks like is has a rose or pea comb. Do you know what breeds he had and if they where seperated?

8. moodlymoo

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    No feather legs and I done believe they are roos. 2 for sure are pullets, 1 has not started feathering in the saddle area and this one just throws me off with the no tail

9. Nicki

Nicki Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2007
    Georgia
    The coloring looks like silver laced, but she doesn't really look like a wyandotte or a sebright, so I'm not sure [​IMG]

10. farmerChef

farmerChef Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2010
    Southern Georgia
    My Coop
    If he didn't keep the breed separate, she might be a mix. She might be a Hamburg, do you know if he had any?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by