What plants can I put With Golden pheasant

Discussion in 'Pheasants and Partridge (Chukar)' started by the beginner, Jun 29, 2016.

1. the beginner

the beginner Out Of The Brooder

Jun 29, 2016
    What plant can I put in my enclosure with my golden pheasant
    Thank You

2. That Quail Lady

That Quail Lady Out Of The Brooder

Jul 8, 2016
    Houston
    I'm going to tell you about some plants to put in their h health benefits, we plant in ours encloser.

Basil - antibacterial, mucus membrane health, repels flies and mosquitoes

Bay Leaves - antiseptic, antioxidant, immune system booster, insect repellent

Bee Balm - antiseptic, antibacterial, respiratory health, calming

Borage - high in calcium, betacarotenes and niacin, soothing, supports cardiovascular health, antioxidant, mucus membrane health.

Calendula - heals wounds

Chamomile - kills mites and lice, repels fleas, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, calming, relaxant, detoxifier

Chives - aid digestion, stimulates appetite, good source of iron

Cilantro - antioxidant, fungicide, builds strong bones, high in Vitamin A for vision and Vitamin K for blood clotting

Cinnamon - promotes healthy breathing

Comfrey - pain reliever, anti-inflammatory, heals wounds, high in protein and Vitamin B-12, promotes muscle, cartilage, and bone growth

Dill - antioxidant, relaxant, respiratory health, stimulates the appetite

Lavender - stress reliever, increases blood circulation, highly aromatic, insect repellent

Goldenseal - Antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, useful for treating wounds

Hyssop - improves circulation, heals wounds, detoxifier

Lemon Balm - stress reliever, antibacterial, highly aromatic, rodent and insect repellent, calming

Lovage - aids respiratory and mucus membrane health, blood detoxifier, anti-inflammatory

Marigold - vibrant egg yolks, feet and beaks/bills, insect repellent, antioxidant

Marjoram - laying stimulant, anti-inflammatory, decongestant, improves blood circulation, detoxifier

Mint (all kinds) - insecticide and rodent repellent, antioxidant, aids in respiratory health, digestive aid, lowers body temperature naturally. Feeding results in larger eggs, thicker eggshells and increased egg production.

Nasturtium - laying stimulant, antiseptic, antibiotic, insecticide, wormer

Oregano - combats coccidia, salmonella, infectious bronchitis, avian flue, blackhead and e-coli, strengthens immune system

Parsley - high in vitamins A, B,C calcium and iron, aids in blood vessel development, laying stimulant

Peppermint - anti-parasitic, insect repellent.

Pineapple Sage - aids nervous system, highly aromatic, antiseptic

Plantain - Antibacterial, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and antioxidant. Prevents infection.

Raspberry Leaf - antioxidant, relaxant, supports healthy reproductive system.

Rose Petals - highly aromatic, high in Vitamin C, antioxidant

Rosemary - pain reliever, respiratory health, insect repellent

Sage - antioxidant, anti-parasitic, general health promoter, thought to combat Salmonella
    Spearmint - antiseptic, insect repellent, stimulates nerve, brain and blood functions

Tarragon - antioxidant, appetite stimulant.

Thyme - aids in respiratory health, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-parasitic, stimulant

Yarrow - antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, clears sinuses and respiratory systems, stress reliever

Herbs are easy to grow, generally not picky about the soil they are grown in and many come back year after year.

3. the beginner

Jun 29, 2016
    THANK You

4. LeviS

LeviS Chillin' With My Peeps

May 22, 2012
    North Dakota
    I've been looking for something like this, thanks.

5. Midnightman14

Midnightman14 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 23, 2016
    They like tall grass, low growing bushes with dense growth, and potentially some vines growing up the side to make them feel secure and give them some shade. Stay away from yew, cedar, foxglove, iris, monkshood, delphinium, lupine, buttercup, rhodadendron, wintergreen, and wisteria. They're all toxic

6. the beginner

Jun 29, 2016
    Thank you all

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by