What Price For B.Rock Hens

MeerKat

In the Brooder
9 Years
Apr 25, 2010
I have 5 14 week old B.Rock hens I want to sell.What price should I ask for?

Last edited:
I can only tell you what I sell mine for. Hatchery stock type BR pullets at point of lay go for $10 each. At 14 weeks, they are a bit younger than that, so I may sell those for something like $7-8 apiece. It really depends on your area. Young, healthy, close to laying age pullets should bring more than $5 each. If they were breeder or show quality stock, I'd add a few bucks to that.

Quote:
I would say this is very close to what it should be in a vast area of the country, I know where I am it's real close maybe a tad bit less.

Quote:
Thanks Speckle.I was thining they would bring more since they should be laying in a couple months.

Feed store got 17 for roos the same age,we got 15 each.Maybe they just go for more here?Never sold at this age.

Prices may have dropped,but if so its the only thing thats went down in price,haha.

I guess I was very lucky, but I sold three ten week old hens, Buff Orpington, White Leghorn,and Barred Rock, for twenty five dollars each. I'm close to the city though, and was in no hurry to sell them.

Quote:
Thats about what they would bring around here too maybe a little less unless show quality. Too many spent or almost spent laying hens available in Iowa for only a few bucks each.

Quote:
I would say this is very close to what it should be in a vast area of the country, I know where I am it's real close maybe a tad bit less.

These chickens should be laying in September.I'd think they would be worth more than that,but guess I'm wrong.

Thanks for reply.

Quote:
Chicken/egg prices are like real estate values- location, location, and location. are you located in an urban ( higher prices) or more of an rural area? I've just sold 5 EE 8 week old pullets @ $10.00 each due to my yuppie area the price was paid with no questions asked. Eggs go for $4.00 per doz. here, sometimes living in the city has it's advantages.

Back
Top Bottom