What price is good, New to selling chickens From Boise, ID

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Waveron, Jun 21, 2008.

1. Waveron

Waveron Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Idaho
    I have two male roosters,
    Buff Polish
    White Crested Polish
    both are 4 months old.
    What would be a decent price for Idaho?
    Thanks.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  2. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    roosters can be hard to sell even the pures. I either give mine away or charge about $2.00. good luck.

3. Waveron

Waveron Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    Idaho
    Even though the buff polish is considered a rare breed by MMH?

4. gamebirdsonly

gamebirdsonly Overrun With Chickens

Mar 5, 2007
    UTAH
    unless theres a demand most people don't know the difference with the breeds. I usaully sell mine to hispanic people.

5. lost

lost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    ,nc
    I went to a sell this wed and they had roos going from $1-10 depending on size what i seen.I dont know why they wanted them

6. SpeckledHills

SpeckledHills Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2008
    Idaho/Utah
    I sold my rare-breed Large Fowl Wheaten and Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas (I may be the only breeder of these--There might be a couple more?--in Utah & Idaho) at $10+ each last year in Idaho. I sold a Frizzle Cochin-Polish cross roo for $20 two years ago. Hopefully you can get $5 each or more for your Polish roos.
    A good place to get a good price, I've found, is selling them at the county fair. At least at the Franklin County Fair, you get $1-2 each just for entering them, and MANY people want to buy at the fair. I put a note on my chickens' cages that they are for sale and their prices. I've especially been able to sell well on the last day of the fair, because some people don't come to buy until the last day and then most of the low-price chickens have already been purchased and if people really want a chicken they're willing to pay more, especially if it's a fancy one.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by