What price should bantam roos be sold for?

R1V3R20NG

Songster
6 Years
Nov 2, 2017
Not here...
Im selling a bantam rooster and I'm not entirely sure how much to sell him for. He is three months old. The typical bantam out here is sold for at least 20-25 dollars each. Though because he has been raised with only organic, non GMO feed, never successfully mated with a little lady, and has undamaged (yet still growing in) plumage, i was wondering if this affects the value of him.

I don't know the breed. He's fairly big for a bantam, white plumage, long legged (not like a modern game) red earlobes, and rose comb. Nothing unusual about the skin and he is almost fully matured, physically. His comb is going to get bigger and his tail will eventually fully grow in, and one day, his peeping will stop and his crows will start to get more manly (or is it cockerly?)
Ill try to get a pic of what he looks like now. Also, if this helps, he had a little brown dot on his head when he was little and had yellow fluff.

543E518E-2FEB-4446-9E88-9EEAF191AF47.jpeg
Ok. Here’s a pic. Just took it.

I've tried selling my bantam roos and no one ever asks about them. The minute I say they are free then things get moving. I really just want them re-homed so no big deal. I usually list them on Craigslist.

You can get about a dime a dozen here.
Your area and market matters more so then anything else and without us knowing that we're all going to be useless.

You can try to list him for $20. Maybe someone will take you upon it. If not lower the price.

Locally cockerels can't even be given away for free. Newly laying pullets go for $10 at best.

Someone already wants him, i just need to get a price down. I know he's eaten at least $16 of feed and he cost almost $4 when he was a day old. Also, cuz i live in CA everything costs waaaayy more. A pullet that is 2 months gets sold for between $15 and $25. I would like to make some profit off of him, since i have a trip in a bit and i need a little bit of extra money to cover souvenirs and whatnot without having to pull out of my savings for a car.

Back
Top Bottom