What price to ask for started standard cochins

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by chickenlady, May 16, 2008.

1. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    They will be 3-4 months old. From excellent show quality bloodlines. Chicks have great potential. Just trying to get an idea on price before the time comes when I decide who I will be selling and who I will be keeping. Thanks for any input.

2. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    At that age $15-$30 each depending on quality and color.

Pullets run about $5-$10 more then the Cockerels.

Matt

3. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    omg what are you people thinging 15 to 30 dollars for a chicken dang no wonder i sell so many i 5 to 7 each

4. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    I dont think that 15- 20 is to much to as as long as they are excellent quality as you stated. I would love to see some pics of them as I am interrested in getting a couple for to add to my small flock. [​IMG]

5. chickenlady

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Jen, I'm sure your going to be happy with the chicks your going to get from the eggs I sent you. Hopefully, I packed them well and they make it to you in tact. The splash cockeral has been giving me some really large, what seems to be, nicely colored blues and splashes. I guess time will tell as they mature.

The only pics I have of my black cockerals are when they were 5 months old and they are now about 9 months old and much, much larger. These are huge birds. Here are 2 of them at 5 months old.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is one of my girls at 9 months old. She is huge also and still has more growing to do.

[​IMG]

Here is the splash cockeral at 9 months old. The picture doesnt do him justice. I will have to get one of him outside. His coloring is gorgeous. In another year, this guy will be amazing.

[​IMG]

Anyway, that is some of my birds. One last pic I can share is a 5 week old baby. It is growing quickly and has unbelievable feathering so far. Thanks so much for your opinions on pricing. This August I will be selling some of them.

[​IMG]

6. jenlynn4

jenlynn4 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    PA
    LOL that is HELARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] I didnt even realize that you were the same person! LOL WAY TO FUNNY! jen

7. mockingbird girl

mockingbird girl Out Of The Brooder

Jun 21, 2007
    Those are beautiful. I too have some gorgeous show stock cochins. They're absolute giants and have a crazy amount of feathering.

I sell chicks for $3 / piece --- and I have about (6) 4 week olds, but I'm selling them for $3 /piece still. Is that nuts or no? lol. Its to a friend of the hubby's.. so I'm not exactly concerned about price so much.

-Cat

8. Broke Down Ranch

Broke Down Ranch Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2007
    Texas
    [​IMG] Do you sell eggs?

9. chickenlady

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    I hope to be shortly. I have been testing fertility since January now. I am satisfied with that now but in the course of doing so, most of my hens went broody, lol. I have only a few laying right now and just changed my pairings. I will not be collecting eggs for about a week and then I will be setting most. If and when I have an over abundance, I may sell them. I will put them on here when I do.

10. froggy

froggy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2007
    dickson,tennessee
    no that is good price for chicks that old

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by