What quality are these SLW?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by guinea fowl galore, Sep 27, 2010.

1. guinea fowl galore

guinea fowl galore Chillin' With My Peeps

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    So what do you all think? I am thinking I might be able to show these but I don't know as I have never had any before.

Hen

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rooster. the white colour on his back is more of a cream. I don't know why it looks so white in the picture.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

They are only about 20 weeks old, so they still have a bit of changing to do.

2. kathyinmo

kathyinmo Nothing In Moderation

[​IMG] Hi Teale!

I don't really know much about the SLW, except that they are just beautiful birds! Are these some that you hatched?

Do you have a , "Standard of Perfection," in Australia? If so, maybe it would have a picture???

Beautiful birds, for sure!

3. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I think they are gorgeous! [​IMG]

4. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    wow that was fast [​IMG] .
    yes I hatched these ones. they are from the last hatch that I did. when these ones and the Light Sussex start laying I am hoping to fill the bator, yipee [​IMG] I can't wait. right now I don't really have anything worth hatching.
    I didn't think of looking them up. I'll do that now and tell you what I find.

5. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:thank you.
    I love them too.
    The roosters are so funny, one is a bit mean and pecks me when I try and touck it but the other is so scared all the time and the few times I have picked it up it always does this big runny poo all over me [​IMG] His plan works, I don't pick him up anymore [​IMG] .

6. kathyinmo

Send me some eggs! [​IMG]

7. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:If I could I would. But I don't think I can.
    Can I?

8. kathyinmo

Hey, how are your Light Sussex doing? I got a few more, and I got some Coronations. How many do you have now? Weren't they your favorites?

9. guinea fowl galore

May 12, 2009
    Australia
    Quote:you finaly got your coronations. you must be so excited.

I have 10 of the light sussex ( good ones anyway ) and they are still my favorite. I just can't wait till they start laying. when did yours start?

10. kathyinmo

Yes, finally got them .... just this month in fact.

I can't remember, but I think they started laying at about 6 months old. I really do love the Light Sussex, too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by