WHAT ROOM TO PUT INCUBATOR IN??

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by KV Silkies, Jan 2, 2014.

1. KV Silkies

KV Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2013
    Southern Wisconsin
    Hi, I will be doing my first hatch this month.... am getting a brinsea 20 octogon incubator, am debating on which room to hatch it in... everything I read says to have the room free of drafts n excess moisture and around 70 degrees..... thinking my bedroom at the moment, or the kitchen as is where I am mainly and can keep a closer eye on everything.... any ideas? [​IMG]

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    You really don't have to keep much of an eye on an incubator (until the last few days), other checking in to make sure the temps are OK and the turner is working properly. A room with relatively stable temp and humidity, and few drafts, will help your incubator stay more steady.

3. KV Silkies

KV Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2013
    Southern Wisconsin
    I am manually turning. I am pretty sure I am overthinking where to put it anyhow. am planning on turning 3x day, should I turn more frequently? will probably go with the bedroom as the location is a little safer (I have 3 young kids...) :)

4. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    There are not many things, short of a power outage, that are more dangerous to incubators than little children. Put it safely out of reach (and you KNOW how good they are at reaching things when really motivated)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by