What rooster breed should l get for hatching eggs?

tMaster16

In the Brooder
Jan 22, 2021
Hi guys, so l have 2 hens and l had one rooster but it died. So my question is that what breed of rooster should l get for my hens depending on my hens' breed?
So here are the details of my hens:

White Hen
= Cochin or Brahma or a cross of the two.
Brown Hen = Cochin or cross of Brahma and Cochin. (Not pure Brahma because they have black feathers on their neck and tail).

As my previous rooster died, currently l have no rooster and want to get a new rooster. My hens have begun laying eggs and they need a rooster in order to hatch chicks and make the egg fertilized. So l need some ideas about what breed to get that so the chicks are a beautiful breed and fancy. My hens are already considered fancy birds because of their feathers on their feet so for that reason l want the chicks to be beautiful as well and that which will survive too.

My previous rooster was a game bird/mutt or a cross but the origins were not confirmed as l bought it from my local shop. I concluded that it may the result of cross between these breeds: Asil, Malay, Modern Game or Shamo. It died just before my white hen began laying eggs idk why but the fact that some roosters die after mating may be the case. So idk if l am wrong or not but l think that the eggs which my hen is producing now is because of my previous rooster and may affect the breed of the hatched chicks, if it won't then its alright and l won't have to worry about my previous rooster.

Please inform about which breed to get for my hens in order to hatch chicks. I have also attached a few pictures of my hens so you can have a better idea. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.27.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.27.jpeg
    80.1 KB · Views: 23
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.51.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.51.jpeg
    93.2 KB · Views: 10
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.56.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.41.56.jpeg
    87.9 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.42.05.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.42.05.jpeg
    90.3 KB · Views: 11
  • WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.42.16.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-04-08 at 06.42.16.jpeg
    85.5 KB · Views: 11
It doest not really matter about the breed, because of the size of your hens just stay away from the bantams.
Yeah sure man. I am excited to know about the breed of the rooster as well as the chicks. I will keep in mind not to buy a bantam rooster but can't figure out why? Thanks anyways 🙂

FYI, roosters don't die after mating.
Okay, l see. I read on Google that some roosters die after mating but l figure you are an expert so you know better, Glad to hear. Also if you could guide me about the breed of the rooster, it would highly appreciated. Thanks for the comment 🙂

Hi guys, so l have 2 hens and l had one rooster but it died. So my question is that what breed of rooster should l get for my hens depending on my hens' breed?
So here are the details of my hens:

White Hen
= Cochin or Brahma or a cross of the two.
Brown Hen = Cochin or cross of Brahma and Cochin. (Not pure Brahma because they have black feathers on their neck and tail).

As my previous rooster died, currently l have no rooster and want to get a new rooster. My hens have begun laying eggs and they need a rooster in order to hatch chicks and make the egg fertilized. So l need some ideas about what breed to get that so the chicks are a beautiful breed and fancy. My hens are already considered fancy birds because of their feathers on their feet so for that reason l want the chicks to be beautiful as well and that which will survive too.

My previous rooster was a game bird/mutt or a cross but the origins were not confirmed as l bought it from my local shop. I concluded that it may the result of cross between these breeds: Asil, Malay, Modern Game or Shamo. It died just before my white hen began laying eggs idk why but the fact that some roosters die after mating may be the case. So idk if l am wrong or not but l think that the eggs which my hen is producing now is because of my previous rooster and may affect the breed of the hatched chicks, if it won't then its alright and l won't have to worry about my previous rooster.

Please inform about which breed to get for my hens in order to hatch chicks. I have also attached a few pictures of my hens so you can have a better idea. Thanks a lot.
Get a cochin or brahma. They are both beautiful breeds.

I have a barred rock EE. He's beautiful. He's super sweet too and my hens love him. They've hated every roo they've ever seen, but they accepted this one immediately.

Get a cochin or brahma. They are both beautiful breeds.
Thanks for commenting, l will keep these breeds in mind. I wanted to get a rooster of the same breed as the hens but thought if with any breed the chicks might be more beautiful and rare. Thanks anyways 🙂

Yeah any standerd sized rooster can breed you hens, if you are looking for certain traits then just let me know I an I can point you in the right direction.
Okay l see. Well a rooster which doesn't create so much fuss and hatches a beautiful breed chicks with my hens would be highly appreciated. I want the chicks to survive too so if there is any rooster breed that is genetically strong and not aggressive for my hens either would be highly appreciated. Thanks for the comment. 🙂

Back
Top Bottom