What Rooster?!

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by nonseq, Jul 9, 2010.

1. nonseq

nonseq Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I just talked to Code Enforcement today. Someone anonymously complained about my "rooster." I don't have a rooster. I gave him away when someone complained about him in May. I am annoyed. Code said not to rid of the chickens. He said to call City Council members and have them come over and look at my coop and run. To see if I can get a variance. He said that he wants to know who is complaining b/c he wants to go over and "smooth their feathers." [​IMG]

He also said I am really nice to deal with.[​IMG]

But I am ticked. Someone obviously has a problem with ME. Not my half-dozen hens. This is ridiculous.

I am getting on DH's ass this weekend and completing the Yard Beautification Project. And then I am getting on that invite City Council Over and Suck Up Project.

2. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Good luck!

3. chics in the sun

chics in the sun Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2010
    St.Petersburg
    Make some nice little mini-quiches or something for when the come over, or give them each a few fresh eggs. That should work....

4. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    I hope you get a name with that call. Thatd be nice. He obviously doesnt have any Guts or he would come down and look for a "rooster" Himself

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Get a rooster. Not a live one. A yard sculpture. I have a large life size rooster on my porch made of some concrete like substance. It is very attractive and weather resistant. Get one for your yard then you can show the officials your "rooster".

6. gardencricket

gardencricket Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2009
    Indiana
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] I like that Idea!!! Good Luck with the Council!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by