What San Diego chickens do in January......

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by suburbanminifarm, Jan 3, 2010.

1. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    SUNBATHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [​IMG]
    75 degrees here this AM!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    I think my girls and I need to come for a visit! LOL [​IMG]
    They love to be out rain or shine except when its snows and there is snow here now. [​IMG]

But I'll have to pass because I can't imagine driving up with 28 girls yelling in the back plus Lulu (the lame runt house chicken who talks to me) sitting in the giving directions.

Can you imagine trying to explain what I'm doing at Customs? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. suburbanminifarm

suburbanminifarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2009
    N.San Diego County
    Well come on over!!! A playdate would be sooo fun, just put a baseball cap on the chickies and tell the border officers they're your noisy kids.

4. CESOrtega

CESOrtega Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2009
    It is 14 degrees here today, and I live in Tennessee. My girls are all 6 standing right off the back porch frozen in place. I'm fearful that they really are *frozen* in place. Poor girls. They would love to be in Sunny San Diego soaking up some vitamin D with your little dinosaurs.

Enjoy your beautiful weather!

5. laughingllama75

laughingllama75 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2008
    NH
    Yeah......we hit 24 here today, with a wind chill of 5 degrees. Yes, we ARE jealous!

6. marytoast

marytoast Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Carthage, NC
    I am GREEN with envy. I miss warm sunny weather.

7. Jess N Jeff

Jess N Jeff Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 25, 2009
    South San Diego, Cali
    Yeah...my girls just enjoyed the lovely sunshine!!! Can chickens get sunburns? [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. sdChickie

sdChickie Out Of The Brooder

May 6, 2009
    San Diego
    Hey that's great my girls were digging that same San Diego sunshine! I am closer to the zoo. I know SD is a big county, what feed stores do you use??
    My chickens have a page on facebook 'the chicks of North Park' feel free to join! It would be too funny to have a sunbather shot or two added to the page! You are welcome to add pictures!
    A warm dust bath in the sun - what a SPA day they had!! Lucky Chicks!
    Happy New Year!!

9. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Why is it, in the dead of winter, some smart-alec has to come along with an advertisement like "It's Better in the Bahamas" or "Look, my chickies are enjoying a nice 75 degree morning here in Sunny San Diego"? Why? Why? I wanna know WHY?!?!?!? [​IMG] [​IMG] Do you know what you're doing to the rest of us? Do you? Do you have ANY clue? Even the slightest idea? Nope! I didn't think so!

Well, let me tell ya! Yer driving us NUTTS!!!!!!! [​IMG]

OK, calm down Serrin...breathe...breathe.....BREATHE!!! OK, I'm fine now....I'm just gonna go sit in the greenhouse with a few of my girls. It's sunny, and warm in there. Ok, so it's not the great outdoors, but it is a nice balmy 60 in there right now! [​IMG] soooo... [​IMG] Keep yer 75 degree San Diego weather! We'll take our 60 in the greenhouse/20 degree outdoor temps! TYVM! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010
  10. 4 Love of Baby Chickens

4 Love of Baby Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Thanks alot suburnbanminifarm. It's 8 degrees or so here right now and I'm freezing!!! My chickens are really cold and all of them try to get in my lap when I'm in the coop.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by