what sex? 16 weeks

serprise

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 21, 2013
I have 5 Welsummers and one of them has larger & more vibrant comb + wattles than the others. While it's hard to tell in the pics it's actually a bit larger than the others too. When purchasing he said they were sexed when they hatched and there wouldn't be any roo's, is this nothing to worry about and it's just developing quicker than the others? I have 5 total and the the other 4 all look like each other for the most part, very minor differences but this one really stands out. I live in the city so I am hoping to catch a roo before the neighborhood hates me/I get a ticket. This is my first time raising chickens so I'm not very experienced at spotting a roo. I'm still trying to figure out what that black and white one is too, it always comes and steals the mealworms! Thanks for your help

My phone isn't large enough to let me see the brown ones very well to tell you but that black and white one is the funniest looking chicken I've ever seen! It is pretty cute though, for a chicken with such short feathers and weird wings! :D

those are all females. Welsummer roosters color in differently, they have black breasts. Think the Kellogg rooster!

Yes all roos.

This is what a Welsummer rooster looks like:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-rgHidseU-...3EnQznOd6C4/s320/welsummerroo2010-300x258.jpg

So quite obvious.

Umm, I believe you meant all pullets? So quite obvious.
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom