What sex are my easter eggers?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Free N Equal, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Free N Equal

Free N Equal Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2009
    Hello. I posted ages ago, and now our chicks are 19 weeks old. We want to figure out what sex they all are. They are fed all organic feed and they free range in the yard a lot.

Okay, so here they all are:

Spaghetti:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

Four

[​IMG]

Five

[​IMG]

Falcon:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

Junior:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

Dragon:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

Adriana:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

Speedy:

One

[​IMG]

Two

[​IMG]

Three

[​IMG]

So, there are our 6 chicks. My second question, aside from whether they're roos or hens, is, if they are roosters, should I give them away to whoever will take them, or should I ask for, I don't know, $5 per rooster?

Thanks in advance for any advice and/or help you can provide.

2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I think Speedy is the only hen, Falcon and Dragon are roos for sure and the others look more like roos, but I won't say for sure one those,

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Spaghetti - cockerel
    Falcon - cockerel
    Junior - cockerel
    Dragon - cockerel
    Adriana - cockerel
    Speedy - pullet

4. Free N Equal

Free N Equal Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2009
    Thanks guys. So, there's really no hope for the others? Should we go ahead and sell everyone but Speedy? Should I sell them for $5 or just give them away, or perhaps sell them for more? What do you all think?

We're really new to chickens.

Thanks again for any help.

5. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    I agree with speedy being the only hen.

6. newchickmom09

newchickmom09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2009
    ARIZONA
    I agree with speedy being the only one really screaming hen. As for selling them, most people don't want roos really so if you can get 5 bucks for them then great. I know a lot of people that just give there roos away. I guess it just really depends on your area.

7. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    If you don't HAVE to give them away/sell them, they can live together fine in the same coop with no hens. If there are no girls to fight over, they get along pretty well. I have a whole coop of roos and they pay rent by eating bugs and waking me up every day. They also look really pretty out in the yard.

8. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    I agree with the others - Speedy is your only pullet (and she's definitely a pullet).

I've sold my young 8-10 week old cockerels (australorps, orpingtons, brahma & frizzle) on craigslist for about $8-$10 each. I don't know your area - there may be chicken owners who would love to have an EE roo and would happily pay $5-$10 (especially since they're already 19 weeks old), but if there is an abundance of extra roos in your area, you may have to give them away.

9. ChooksChick

ChooksChick BeakHouse's Mad Chicken Scientist

Aug 17, 2008
    Larry, KS
    My Coop
    At 19 weeks old, you would certainly have some crowing going on- what have you notice in squatting and crowing among them?

ETA: I think Spaghetti also looks like a pullet, but that's apparently just me!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  10. Megs

Megs Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2009
    agee that speedy is a pullet, but i also think spagetti could possibly be a female? any chance at closer up photos (tail area perhaps)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by