1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What sex are my GLW's

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Robert McGaughey, Nov 9, 2010.

1. [​IMG] Somebody help me out here, their 5 wks old now.
    pic 1 & 2 same chick, pic 3 & 4 are the same chick.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks.

2. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    I see some pullets.

3. Domestic_goddess

Domestic_goddess Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2009
    Utah
    At 5 weeks and with wattles that big and red, I think they are roos!

4. birdicus7

birdicus7 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2010
    Coatesville, PA
    I think #1 is rooish, #2 pullet

5. Firearia

Firearia Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:x2

6. Red&Yellow

Red&Yellow Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2009
    Frederick County, MD
    Pullets.

7. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    First impression was no 1 is a roo due to the redness and the thickness of the legs, esp c/w the white one behind it.

Second one I thought hen, due to thinner legs in first pic, but second pic legs look kinda thick. I'm undecided.

8. PetRock

PetRock Overrun With Chickens

Apr 28, 2010
    SF Bay Area, CA
    We have two hatchery SLW pullets that kept us guessing for weeks. We were examining these two closely everyday and hoping that they were pullets. Their combs and wattles pinked up early but then grew very slowly. As for the size of their legs, I noticed that their legs looked thin from the front and thick from the side. We weren't sure that they were girls until they were 14-15 weeks old. In your case, I would recommend that you wait a few weeks and post more pics then. [​IMG]

9. Jferlisi

Jferlisi i dont eat chicken!!!!

Nov 2, 2010
    Menifee CA
    I think they are roos, but ya wait another 2 weeks and you will know for sure. I have a SLW thats 2 weeks older than yours and he is just really started to show within the last week. I would wait and take pics of him in like a little over a week and then post them.

10. [​IMG] Thanks everyone, if it helps any I got them from [​IMG] Cackle Hatchery. I'll wait a week or two and post 'em 2 GLW's again, Thanks again everyone. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by