What sex are these chicks

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
Originally I posted this post in the raising chicks. It's been a while since I've posted on the forum, then found this topic perhaps I'll get a better response over here since I am now posting in the right spot for what sex are these chicks.

One of our tenants his dad gave me some eggs to hatch. The chicks hatched yesterday. Not sure what breed the chicks are but the dad said they had a BR female in w/ a RIR rooster, I am thinking a Barred Rock mix because they all have the dots on there heads like BR chicks have. Anyways, I took photos of the ones w/ dots on there heads and was wondering if you could all help me try and figure out the sex based on the dots. I know sexing them like this is not 100% accurate. But the tennants dad is going to take a bunch of the chicks and leave me w/ some to keep and I really don't want to get stuck w/ all the males if you know what I mean. Unfortunately I believe 4 of the 6 are males because they already pretty much have a defined comb. Again, I know that doesn't neccesarily mean they are males. If someone could look at these photos asap and give me your opinion as the tennants dad is coming sometime today to pick some of the chicks up.

82_Mre.jpg

83_Mre.jpg

noband_Mre.jpg

81_Mre.jpg

The above pics I am thinking these are all males b/c like I said they all already have pronounced combs.

Feather_Fre.jpg

This chick not sure what he/she might be mixed w/ as he/she has feathered feet. Thinking this chick might be female. Keeping fingers crossed it is. And the pic posted below this one am hoping it's a female as well.

84_Fre.jpg

Back
Top Bottom