What sex are these cornish cross?

HappyClucker7

Crowing
Apr 28, 2016
New York
I think maybe 1 pullet and 3 cockerels.
It's going to be very hard to keep them. They won't be able to walk well, they'll get heart problems, etc. They're really not meant to keep as pets.

Heffalump

Songster
Aug 18, 2018
Northern Ireland
I know they're broilers. I know the issues they're susceptible to and what they're bred for. . I was given them on the understanding that they would be kept as pets. So I'm not going to cull them for food.
They're very happy pottering around the garden. If they self destruct then they do. My husband has humanely culled other very sick hens so if they get to that stage they can be quickly and cleanly culled.

I was really just looking for opinions on their sex as I'm finding them much harder than other other breeds to sex and there obviously isn't too much info out there past the traditional 6-10 week cull point.

TheOddOneOut

Free Ranging
Feb 15, 2020
My imagination...
I know they're broilers. I know the issues they're susceptible to and what they're bred for. . I was given them on the understanding that they would be kept as pets. So I'm not going to cull them for food.
They're very happy pottering around the garden. If they self destruct then they do. My husband has humanely culled other very sick hens so if they get to that stage they can be quickly and cleanly culled.

I was really just looking for opinions on their sex as I'm finding them much harder than other other breeds to sex and there obviously isn't too much info out there past the traditional 6-10 week cull point.
Ok. That makes more sense.

Top Bottom