What sex are these Easter Eggers?

NewChickenMom69

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
I have these 5 EE's that I hatched they are about 8 weeks old. I have read several posts on how to tell what sex they are. I am still lost "
. can someone help me out to give there expertise on what sex these chicks may be..?

Here is all 5

Here is 4 of the 5 chicks

NewChickenMom69

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
Thank you for your input Just Hatched.. Here is one more picture of the far right one to see the feather pattern.

NewChickenMom69

In the Brooder
7 Years
May 8, 2012
That is what I thought, but then I began to read the posts and I started questioning... I hatched Australorps and GLW and they were very easy to sex, these are much harder.. I was hoping for 5 girls since I just lost 3 of my Australorps to a red fox last week
and I am not allowed to have roosters

Panth

Songster
7 Years
Mar 5, 2012
Indiana
The black and white ones are both cockerals for sure...the darkest black/tan one also looks like a roo - that comb is awefully red and large. The two lighter brown ones are both pullets.

Wishing4Wings

Isn't it Amazing?
Premium Feather Member
8 Years
May 7, 2012
Sonoma County, CA
EEs can sometimes be sexed by color pattern, but black and white ones can be tough. Your 2 lightest browns are girls. Not sure on the rest. I don't see any of the patchy red coloring on the wings that is usually present by 8 weeks. Some closer pictures might help.

Look carefully at their combs. A pullet's will be pale and have only one small ridge down the center.

A young cockerel will have a bright pink comb that is much more prominent and the 3 distinct ridges will be forming.

Top Bottom