What sex are these Easter Eggers?

fused, I don't think this thread gets a lot of traffic. You'll get more opinions on

Easter Egger Sexing "tips and tricks" *Pictures Included*

4 1/2 weeks is a bit early, and I can see why you are suspicious of the first one, but I'd hesitate to make a call just yet. Photos are easier if you can get a helper to hold the chick while you get a comb shot. All that running around makes it kind of hard to get a really good look. Sure seems like they were having fun!

Lily struck me as a pullet. Sometimes the combs look quite wide, but it is the width of the center ridge that is important. Lily looked to have a narrower single ridge, but again, hard for my old eyes to see well on the computer. Try the other thread. Some really knowledgeable folks on there.

I'm not sure if I am posting this in the proper forum/thread. This is a video I took of my chicks Saturday. They were 4-1/2 weeks old. Ever since Tiggy (winkle) started getting new feathers I've had a sneaking suspicion she is not a she. I think this video shows more than I could get in a still shot.
Tiggy is the first chick in this video, red with a black and white head. In the event that "she" is a cockerel I do have a good home lined up. I am a little bit suspicious of the really light white/apricot colored one (Lily) too because her comb is so wide. Any input would be appreciated :)
0.jpg

You'll get more responses if you start your own thread, fyi.

I do think the multicolored bird is a rooster, but it's too early to say for sure.
Apricot and white easter eggers are female, so you're good there.

Back
Top Bottom