What sex are these?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by prairie204, Apr 1, 2017.

1. prairie204

prairie204 Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    Manitoba
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]What sex are these 3? They are 7 weeks old tomorrow. Im suspecting a frizzle, easter egger and....??? Im not sure. Many thanks[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  2. Ol Grey Mare

Ol Grey Mare One egg shy of a full carton. ..... Premium Member

Mar 9, 2014
    Oregon
    My Coop
    Unfortunately, only one image of what you posted is showing -- the bird that is showing looks to be a pullet.

1 person likes this.
  3. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    If they're 7wks, all pullets, lucky you unless you wanted a cockerel [​IMG] Are they all from the same hatch? The white "frizzle" which describes the feathering, looks like it has 5 toes? The two color one has feathering on it's legs & the black one has not "outstanding features" and they all see to have pea combs = BarnYard Mix [​IMG] EEs will have no feathering on it's legs & slate colored legs.

To narrow down the background, research 5 toed & pea comb possiblities....They are pretty [​IMG]

4. prairie204

prairie204 Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    Manitoba
    So exciting! I had 6 eggs under my welsummer. I had gotten fertilized eggs from another girl as I currently have 6 other hens. I just chose the eggs from their color in hopes of hatching pullets. 3 hatched which was these 3. I have zero background on the breeds haha. I have all barn yard mixes except my welsummer and a jersey. Im very pleases then. Thanks alot for the input

5. ChickNanny13

ChickNanny13 Overrun With Chickens

Jun 23, 2013
    Hilo, HI
    Those were my guesses, there's nothing definite until the crow or egg show up, ha ha
    I'm pretty sure as there's no pink/reddening of their combs nor wattles, good luck with the eggs [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
  6. prairie204

prairie204 Just Hatched

Feb 4, 2017
    Manitoba
    Ive been fooled before lol..

Thanks i cant wait to see the egg colors now. So much fun!

1 person likes this.
  7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    looks like pullets at this age- your could try posting new photos in at 8-10 weeks so we can see if our guesses are correct. Very nice looking chicks.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by