What sex are we? UPDATED!.. 9 weeks old now....page 2 post #17

Lavisy

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 7, 2010
Perth, WA
9Hi there, our 5 little ones are growing up sooo fast its unbelievable! They are pekin/frizzles/silkie crosses...not sure what they are yet.

We have gotten far too attached to these guys and really hope we have more pullets than roos...hopefully you guys can help us out with that!

Firstly we have Jet who we believe is a roo, comb was first to develop and we think is starting to go pink.
Jetprofile3wks694x363.jpg

Then we have our runt of the group, havent got a name for her (hopefully) yet, she is beautiful tho!
namelessprofile2wks858x378.jpg

Then we have Tilly, seems to be the youngest of the group (they are not all born on same day) and so is a few days behind in developing but has one of the biggest combs, not pink tho.
Tillyprofile3wks728x340.jpg

Next we have Raven, lovely personality.
ravenprofile3wks734x428.jpg

And finally Pingu, i know we shouldnt have favs, but she is adorable, the tamest and most inquisitive, hopefully a pullet!
fl.gif

pinguprofile3wks758x411.jpg

So what do u guys think? They are 3 weeks old now...will post more pics if needed.
Thank you!!

lav

Last edited:
Thanks for your views guys! I agree with jet being a roo, he acts like one too.

Im also undecided between nameless and Tilly, will just have to wait another week and see if anything becomes more obvious.
smile.png

Anymore opinions from others is really appreciated!

Hey guys... our 5 little ones are now a bit bigger and 4 weeks old! They grow up so fast!

Here are some photos, can anyone tell what sex they are yet? Sorry about the quality of the photos, they just keep moving around!
wee.gif

Firstly is jet, who I think we can say with some certainty now is a roo.
jetweek4762x457.jpg

nameless now has a name! New name is Yoko. But its sex is still a bit uncertain to us. What kind of comb is that? Do you think its going pink enough to be a roo?
yokoweek4652x376.jpg

Now we have Tilly. Comb stills looks flesh coloured, but I think we can see some wattles comming through. Do females still get them? Doesnt look pink at all.
tillyweek4698x412.jpg

Next is Pingu. Comb is still flesh coloured, again what kind of comb is that? A female?
pinguweek4741x388.jpg

And finally is Raven. Comb is still flesh coloured, what do ya think?
ravenweek4837x403.jpg

So there you go, 4 weeks old.
Any ideas on the sexes?
fl.gif

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom