What sex is this OEGB (edited)?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by HidingInTheHenHouse, Jun 21, 2008.

1. HidingInTheHenHouse

HidingInTheHenHouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I got him/her from Tractor Supply with 5 others. When little, I thought it was a Ameracauna Bantam, but it has white legs, not dark, and definitely does not look anything like my other Ameraucaunas. We got it from the tub marked "Assorted Pullets", so she got named Lucy, but I am really thinking roo now. She is 10 weeks old.

[​IMG]

This one shows her colors the best.

[​IMG]

Here you can see her upright carriage and tail.

[​IMG]

This shows how small she is. The Ameracauna next to her is a couple of days younger than 10 weeks.

So, what is this chicken? What kind, and roo or hen?

Thanks everyone! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  2. Guitartists

Guitartists Resistance is futile

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    BBR OEGB???? (Black Breasted Red Old English Game Bantam) But I am no OEG expert [​IMG] Whata cutie though! They are very spry... maybe he/she weaseled into the wrong bin! [​IMG]

3. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    That was definitely one of my guesses. She was always very bossy as a young chick, even thought she was the smallest! But I read Old English Game Hens can be quite agressive, and I have not seen anything like that. She is very shy around humans. She won't take mealworms or anything from hand feeding, and she doesn't seem to assert herself with the other chickens at all.

4. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    Even though there is a generalized behavior for each breed... each chicken is still an individual and many break the stereotype [​IMG]

5. dangerouschicken

dangerouschicken Will Barter For Coffee

May 6, 2007
    Columbia Gorge, OR
    I had OEGB bantie hens that were sweethearts. You just never know.

6. HidingInTheHenHouse

Jun 21, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Any idea on sex? I would love her to really be a hen, because she certainly won't make more than a mouthful if we have to eat her.

7. Guitartists

Mar 21, 2008
    Michigan
    I wish I could help..... but I have no idea on that one... change your title of the thread to "What sex is this OEGB?" LOL We have a few people here that really know their OEGBs and could verify IF that IS what it is [​IMG]

8. Ace_king_brahma

Ace_king_brahma Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    From the color and comb you should change the name from Lucy to Lucky or Lukey.

Defintely a Black Breasted Red I should add.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  9. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    He's either a B.B Red or Wheaton O.E Game Bantam. Defintely male

10. S n M Poultry

S n M Poultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2007
    Riverside,CA
    yup definatly a little cockerel. It looks exactly like my BBRed dutch did when hes was that old. If hes not dutch hes OEGB

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by