1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

what sex is this ?*** pics

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by pefferlawchicken, May 11, 2009.

1. pefferlawchicken

pefferlawchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    ok i have 5 white wyndottes 2 buckeyes and 2 belgian bearded d ' anvers all at about 6 weeks old and i see three of the wayndottes with very larg red blob things as combs not in any shape yet just like blobs and the rest of them barley have any comb and they are very light ornage lite a whit orange wash colour , so do the ones with large red blob things roos??? would pics help?

Last edited: May 11, 2009
  2. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    can anyone also tell me about spurs what they are , what they look like and are they are ment to tell gender , also heres the pics i just took of what i think 2 male wyandottes and a unknow d'anver banty

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. pefferlawchicken

Feb 22, 2009
    ontario, canada
    ... bump

4. nhnanna

nhnanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    The chicken coop
    I am not sure but maybe 2nd and last ones roos?

5. ArizonaDesertChicks

ArizonaDesertChicks Eggstactic for Pretty Eggs

Dec 8, 2008
    Glendale, AZ
    The bottom three photos are roos.

6. MoodyChicken

MoodyChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2009
    Northern California
    All but the first look like roos.

7. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Well 2 and 4 are almost 100% roo but number 3 is iffy. First one is a girly I do believe.

My girls did not get their combs until much much later and they had that ridgeline little thing for awhile.

Spurs you will not see for a long time they are like a sharp round hard protruding toenail that can get several inches in length. They protruse from the back of the leg above the foot. The spurs are used to puncture and rip by the rooster when fighting a predator or another roo. You will know they are roos by their crowing long long before they get spurs.

Last edited: May 12, 2009

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by