What sex please help

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Ezzfletcher, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Ezzfletcher

Ezzfletcher In the Brooder

Apr 7, 2019
    Desperately hoping these are female but the bigger they get the more they look male all hatched on May 1st so just short of 7 weeks old white leghorn light sussex and buff Sussex any ideas people if cockerels I need them to go unfortunately... DSC_1666.JPG DSC_1655.JPG _20190617_104758.JPG DSC_1656.JPG

2. Keeperofmunchkins

Keeperofmunchkins Songster

Nov 5, 2018
    Birmingham UK
    The chicken in your second photo is a pullet, the others look like cockerels I'm afraid.

Frazzemrat1 and featheredplanets like this.
  3. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    The first and last pic are the same bird? My guess would be cockerel. The leghorn is a pullet. The other...that I can't make a guess lol. Mind you, I am pretty new to chickens but have 2 cockerels myself that I am proud to say I suspected from early on but had to get BYC opinions to be sure lol. Hope you only have one baby roo to rehome! :fl

featheredplanets likes this.
  4. featheredplanets

featheredplanets Songster

Nov 28, 2017
    Both Sussex are cockerels. Leghorn is a pullet.

5. Ezzfletcher

Apr 7, 2019
    There's 3 sussex and leghorn last pic is a different bird :( I've already got 2 cockerels at home I can't keep anymore :(

6. cstephens1987

cstephens1987 Songster

Apr 25, 2019
    Carroll county, Maryland
    The leghorn, is the only pullet I'm afraid.

7. Beccazon

Beccazon Songster

Apr 23, 2019
    Michigan Thumb
    Very much a bummer but at least you are checking early so you can plan to rehome or maybe grow and eat. I have 2. Just shy of 3 mos. How old are your 2 keepers? Do they do well together? I have yet to see here and I am a bit nervous as Lil Bit, my leghorn cockerel has just in the past 2 days started to assert his dominance over Pride, my beautiful mutt cockerel. In a not so loving way lol

8. Ezzfletcher

Apr 7, 2019
    I had 4 peking bantams that were all together and were great but I rehomed two just cos of noise they were hatched together and never had an issue l but they had little squabbles to get the dominent one sorted but then after that was fine. The 2 I've got together are fine at least so far they are about 15 weeks old now and they have 3 hens with them.... Also got a silkie that I don't know if it's boy of girl but that's on it's own at moment as it had wry neck and was pretty bad but we seem to have sorted it so I'm hoping I can put that one in with the others :)

Beccazon likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: