what sex?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Christiney, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Christiney

Christiney Out Of The Brooder

Sep 27, 2011
    I know these arent the best picture. But I am wondering if anyone can give me their best guess as to what sex these two are.
    These are my first chickens and I dont have a clue what they could be.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    I was told by a very good silkie breeder the "streamers" off the back of the head are roos. Looks like, if that is true the last pic is a boy

3. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    They say Silkies or bantams are the hardest to sex bc they are so small. Others have mentioned that up until an egg or a crowing moment you can not hardly tell. [​IMG]

4. moodlymoo

moodlymoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 23, 2011
    Portland OR
    Quote:Steve...I love your bird in your avi. Such a beautiful bird

5. SteveBaz

SteveBaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2011
    Pacific North West
    Quote:Steve...I love your bird in your avi. Such a beautiful bird

I just love the picture and uploaded it. My wife is the Hair-Do lover and is the driving force that got me on board. I want some Polish so bad and I love the Mottled Houdan's crazy hair do. I think this image is a male and we can not have any roos in town. I cant wait. I decided to get a Silver, White, Gold, Blue, Black Splash and a buff. I heard the White Sultans are hard to get but extremely rare and hard to get but very nice birds with soft dispositions. I am waiting for the spring time bc they are easy to get than during less productive time as in winter. The entire flock I will be able to get as chicks and not so easy as over runs from the hatcheries. They will sex them and 90% chance is better than Straight runs in the winter with minimums of larger numbers than I want. Thanks for the compliment but It will not be real until April 2012 for us but exciting never the less.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by