what sex?

Cebarmlds

Free Ranging
13 Years
Oct 8, 2010
mn
These chicks are 9 weeks old, mixed breeds, blue egg layers. I'm sure the one grey one is male! Thoughts anyone?

These chicks are 9 weeks old, mixed breeds, blue egg layers. I'm sure the one grey one is male! Thoughts anyone?

The whiteish bird on the left looks like a male, though it could be an early developing pullet.

Grey one on the left is a male, black one in the middle is a pullet, both other birds look like pullets.

At nine weeks right now I'd vote the white crested one looks female, pics 1,4, and to the right on 5,6,7. The white with a pea comb looks male, 2,3,center 6. The 5 pic with the little barred roo on the left, the others look like girls.

So from 5 chicks I have 3 pullets and 2 cockerels? that's pretty good
smile.png

thanks for the input!

The second picture of the white one is probably a male, he looks really tall for his age. I had a mix breed just like this and he turned out male. When he is 4 1/2 months old see if he develops curved feathers. That's what mine did, hope it helps!

Can't figure out how to edit my thread here, I want to add new pictures the chicks are now 12 weeks old. The two white ones are questionable? one is crested the other has cheek tufts.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom