What should I consider for my next breeds?

thatchickenmama

Chirping
Aug 19, 2022
Hi y’all!

My hubs and I have been looking at adding two new members to our flock.

We like that they have overall been pretty quiet (with the exception of the olive egger).

We live in a neighborhood, so we are looking for:
mostly quiet, sweet pets
funny and or sweet and are easily handled,
clean legs,
heritage breeds that are healthy and at least somewhat alert to predators but not flighty; we like to watch them forage and run after bugs, and sometimes they’ll hop up on our chairs, our arms or our laps and look at us, which we just love.
get along with the flock well
3-4 eggs per week would be nice, especially if they lay through the winter. We are in zone 7.

We were drawn to these breeds and enjoy them quiet a bit. Are there any others that you have added and can recommend?

Do you have a Dominique yet?

I won't be getting any more because her eggs are smaller than I want, but my Dom girl has a very nice personality. She's always under my feet and is bold enough to take a flying leap onto my wrist when I'm carrying a bowl of kitchen scraps so she can have the first dibs. :D

Do you have a Dominique yet?

I won't be getting any more because her eggs are smaller than I want, but my Dom girl has a very nice personality. She's always under my feet and is bold enough to take a flying leap onto my wrist when I'm carrying a bowl of kitchen scraps so she can have the first dibs. :D

Thanks! We have two Barred Rocks, no Dominique’s yet. That’s really funny that yours does that! Our Sapphire Gem does that too 🤣. I’ve been curious about Dominique’s down the road! For now, we have been wanting a bit more color variety if possible, but Doms seem like truly great birds!

Back
Top Bottom