White Silkie Bantam

Red Silkie Bantam

FEMALES

Std. White Cochins X2

Std. White Sultan

Blue Silkie Bantam

Std. Gold Laced Cochin

Std. Silver Laced Cochin

Sooo what would give me something interesting? I'm definitely making Sultkies. My moms friend that owns a farm . .. and my males, except the white silkie, she wants something that will go broody, and something that lays eggs. I just want something cool looking.

Last edited:
The blue silkie is TINY ! I mean like soda can sized . . .well just a little bigger. I have heard that if they dont eat good as chicks they never lay eggs . . .did I do something wrong with her ?? they other ones are normal. I dont remember if I got them in June or July

Quote:
Thats what I was going to suggest, that would give you SEXLINKED "Silchins" as I like to call that cross. You would get Red Columbian females ( the color of RIRs) and Columbian colored males with a yellowish color in the on the Silver. Should be some awesome looking birds. I love the looks of Silchins.

Last edited:
Oooo and your Barred cochin roo on Blue Silkie hens will give you some Blue Barred Silchins and some that are Black Barred like the cochin roo.

Oh and the Silchins would be Smooth feathered like the Cochins BTW, Silkie feathering is recessive so all of the first generations will be smooth feathered and if you bred them together or back to a silkie then you would get more silkied offspring.

Back
Top Bottom