WHAT SHOULD I DO AND WHAT HAPPENED!!!

I can't see the vent very well in the photo, but it looks like he was pecked in that area. Is it bleeding right now? I would attempt to clean it with warm, soapy water, and then take a closer look.

I can't see the vent very well in the photo, but it looks like he was pecked in that area. Is it bleeding right now? I would attempt to clean it with warm, soapy water, and then take a closer look.
I agree. Isolate her from the other birds to prevent any more picking until it is healed.

2 of my chickens are VERY aggressive. they go for eyes noses and under feathers. do you think they are really hurting her badly? Oh one more thing there is a blockage there. That is the white stuff. she cant poop and she is being weird. I thought it is a egg but it dfinitly isnt. what should I do now. I pulled some stuff out of it but i dont know. sorry i am typing with one hand the other is holding poor Buff

Give her bottom a good soak in warm water and wash the area with mild soap that take a few photos and post them. If you live somewhere cold she will have to stay indoors until she is dry. Mine like to be blow dried (and yes, I know, they are spoiled!).

Can she be separated until she heals?

Last edited:
I don't really have the supplies and room for separating so I would prefer not to. But I will try the others. I actually CAN NOT give them a bath. It is just SO cold here! I live in Utah and there is at least 2 inches of snow. And pet rules for my family is no pets inside.

Back
Top Bottom