What should I do on day 22 with unhatched eggs?

I like to wait at least 3 days after day 21. Some chicks just are a little late. Last year when I was incubating I had 1 or 2 chicks hatch on day 21. The rest hatched on day 22 and 23. It won't hurt to wait a bit longer. Goodluck and I hope they hatch!

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I hope all goes well with the last three eggs of your hatch. Have you tried candling them again, for any movement or have you heard any peeps from the eggs?

:frow Welcome from New Orleans. I hope all goes well with the last three eggs of your hatch. Have you tried candling them again, for any movement or have you heard any peeps from the eggs?
Haven’t heard anything but it’s hard because others are chewing. I can candle them again. Thanks!

Last night I found a bantam hen that had been missing for over 3 weeks, she had 15 chicks with her. One never knows what these chickens are really up to. Congratulations, do you have more that may hatch?

Hi again! One of the chicks came out with a lot of stuff on its feathers. More than the mOst. Should I wait to clean it off until it’s a bit older or can I use a wet towel to clean it now? I don’t want to make it get cold. It’s got like a shiny coat because of the egg.

Hi again! One of the chicks came out with a lot of stuff on its feathers. More than the mOst. Should I wait to clean it off until it’s a bit older or can I use a wet towel to clean it now? I don’t want to make it get cold. It’s got like a shiny coat because of the egg.
Sounds like the poor thing almost shrink wrapped. Can you gently remove some of the stuff on the feathers with something barely damp? Do you have a place where the chick can warm itself after? I would only try for a min or 2 to keep the chick from getting too cold. Is the stuff giving the chick trouble moving or breathing?

Oh no! It is a smaller chick than the rest. Seems less active. Why would that one have shrink wrapped but not others? It did take longer for it to hatch, but it did so on its own. Should I be worried about leaving it with the other chicks over night? Should I separate it or is it better to leave with the others?

Unless the chick is having problems getting around or staying on it's feet, that type of problem, I would let him with the rest. If not he will be lonely and cry.

Back
Top Bottom