1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

What should I do? paid for birds but still haven't received them

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chickenlittle32, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Hi all. I am confused at what I should do. I was looking for silver pheasants recently and a guy emailed me saying he had some. We emailed each other back and forth some. DH and I decided we should get them. It was the week before Labor Day that we agreed to get them. The guy said that he'd ship Mon-Wed. and that I can send him the payment via paypal Mon so that he could ship the pair Tues. I did this, expecting him to ship them the 2nd. I emailed him and asked him if he shipped them. He said no, that he'd been busy, and that he'd rather not ship on Wed. [​IMG] Well, he said he can try to ship them next Monday, but its not definite....What should I do?

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  2. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Ask him why he doesn't want to ship them yet. If you do not recieve them by the specified time contact paypal about getting your money back.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2009
  3. fasbendera

fasbendera Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Change your subject line to something like paid for fowl no shipment or something so people know what this is about and you will be more likely to get replies. Sorry I have no experience. Does this guy go on ebay check his approval or even search on this site see if he is on the up and up.

4. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Sounds to me like your getting the run around. I would try to find some elsewhere.

5. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Thanks fasbendera....I edited the title...

I do feel as if I am getting the run around...I will see what others say to help with my decision. Thanks guys.

6. JewellFarm

JewellFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Lebanon, Virginia
    I would contact paypal immediately and try to get my money back before his bank account is emptied.

7. fasbendera

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    Glad to be of help. It is all in the title. Just like a book on the library shelf. Good luck.

8. chickenlittle32

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    He is a member of BYC and didn't wanna cause a big stir if something is really goin on on his end...but like I said, I feel like I am getting the run around...

9. fasbendera

Jan 30, 2009
    Midwest
    [​IMG]
    Yeah you must have read that post that was locked eventually. I don't know much about paypal but you may want to protect yourself and if he emails or calls tell him why you cancelled payment and if he is still interested start over or just find another source.

10. Hoosiermomma

Hoosiermomma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2009
    S.E Ind
    Quote:Ahhh...I see that you already paid for them so this doesn't apply. [​IMG]
    If you paid via paypal, file a claim with them to get your money back asap. Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by