what should i do with my temp at 39?degres c not farenhite

gavbarker

Songster
12 Years
Apr 12, 2007
East yorkshire uk
Hi i have a cheapish incubator and the turning nob for the temprature is not perfect as it was damaged in posting i had the eggs at 37 nmost of the time but the last half of the hatch it have been up to 39 i dont realy want to try and change it incase i doe it too much either way and loose the chicks they have been makeing progress at this temprature but im on my last 3 days now will they be ok or is this serious?

Your ideal is 37.5c so you are not that far out. If it is a still air incubator(no fan) your temperature is just about perfect. Either way I would leave it alone.

Time to increase your humidity and stop turning eggs. This close to hatch temperatures will spike in a small incubator. That is nothing unusual.

I have put another tub of water in the incubator to increase the humidity its a fan assisted incubator. The good news it that when i put the extra water in it has brought the temp down to 37 exact so im happy with that but i was just seting up the cage for when they hatch but the heat pad doesnt work so thats another job lol.

It always works that way. How do you control brooding heat with a heating pad?

Or allow cool spots for chicks to move to when they need it?

Normally the brooder bulb burns out just when you need it too.

Well i dernt put a heat bulb in whe brooder pen as its in the spare room and im going to be working a lot of the time and im going to be thinking it will set something on fire i get really paronoid about things like that i know its silly. So i have got the heat pad and im puting beding on it so it will heat up i tested it last night and it wasnt warm enough so iv got some thiner beding and im hopeing that will be just right later on when i try it out. I would have a heat lamp if it could go in a shed that iv orderd but its takeing too long to come through so im going to have to do this i hope they will be ok and also the pad it less that half of the cages floor space so they will have plenty of room to get off the heat.

Back
Top Bottom