What should I do?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by CANDLE98, Feb 23, 2009.

1. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    Okay first off I want to say yes I have the chicken addiction sickness..... Right now I have the following 8 week olds, 6 EE's (1 turned out to be a roo [​IMG] ) 5 RIR 2 silkies and 10 BR roosters that I am going to sell/give away. Here is what I want, there is this lady that is selling 1 week old marans and on wenesday she is getting welsummers. I want to have a variey of egg colors, but should I wait until next spring to get some dark egg layers or just go ahead and get them now? Also how in the world do I intergrate the chickens together. AAHH i want more but then again i don't!

2. Omran

Omran Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2008
    Bagdad KY
    you have the same problem I have and infact most members on this fourm has it, I don't know what to tell you, or what I will saythat last saturday my wife left me alone online and gone to work, by the time she was back, guess what we had 25 more chicks [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. CANDLE98

CANDLE98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Meridian Idaho
    oh that is soooo funny![​IMG]

4. Kimiko

Kimiko Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 6, 2009
    riverside
    I was supposed to get 6 more chicks.

I got 2 on Sunday and, well....

I have an order in for 14 (13 would have been bad luck right?) And what's the point of getting lots of packing peanuts--I mean what would I do with a bunch of roosters, right?

Hubby dwells in blissful ignorance until next week.

Meanwhile I'm looking for dog houses or other structures that can be converted into a coop....on the sly. (Brooders are good so I have some time. It's important to have method to your madness [​IMG]

If she has the chickens now, I say get them if you have a way to keep them separate until they are roughly equivalent in size.

Maybe we should start a new thread....Poultryholics Anonymous.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by